This interesting title is coming quite soon – like end of the month soon.
Stardock has announced March 31, 2016 as the release date for its highly anticipated real-time strategy game, Ashes of the Singularity. Set in a future where humanity has expanded into the stars and is now in conflict for control of key planets in the galaxy, players wage planetary warfare on a massive scale to conquer opponents and control planets.
Ashes of the Singularity allows players to command their forces in a war that has spread across much of the galaxy in the 23rd century. Players have a choice of playing either the descendants of humanity, the Post-Human Coalition, or their bitter strong-AI enemy, the Substrate, as they fight for control over the galaxy’s most prized resource, Turinium.
“With Ashes of the Singularity, we want to present players with a game that lets them feel like they are fighting a planetary war, not just a battle,” said CEO and President of Stardock, Brad Wardell.
While the game includes a non-linear campaign, single player scenarios and skirmishes backed by the first multi-core RTS game AI, the game also supports ranked multiplayer with a lively community, custom matches with friends vs. AI or any combination thereof.
“We are not looking to reinvent the RTS,” said Wardell. “Our goal is to introduce a new generation of gamers to the general awesomeness of real time strategy gaming. That means showing how well non-cheating computer players can perform in single player as well as making it easy to get multiplayer games going.”
Key features of Ashes of the Singularity include:
● Massive numbers of units in the world that can be easily organized into armies that allow players to fight wars across several different fronts simultaneously.
● The world’s first multi-core real-time AI allowing for a non-cheating AI that can beat most players.
● A story-driven, non-linear campaign that tells the story of a United Earth in the 23rd century.
● A focus on single player replayability while including a wealth of multiplayer features.
● The future-proofed Nitrous 3D engine whose 64-bit, multi-core foundation supports DirectX 11, DirectX 12 and multiple GPUs.
Ashes of the Singularity is currently available in Early Access on Steam or through Stardock. The full version with all of its intended features will be released on March 31, 2016.
Article by Nick