REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – April 4, 2019 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of live service games, and developer Panic Button announced Hob: The Definitive Edition is now available on the Nintendo Switch™. From the makers of Torchlight™ I & II, this atmospheric adventure calls gamers to a stunning planet in peril, where they will encounter strange puzzles and creatures, and unravel the mysteries that surround them. Hob: The Definitive Edition is available for digital download on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch for $19.99. To celebrate its launch, the game is on sale at a 10% discount through April 17.
Adventurers have been entranced by Hob ever since Runic Games released the game on PC and PlayStation®4 in 2017. This artfully crafted single-player adventure lets gamers explore the ruins of a beautiful world in disarray, while solving puzzles which could prevent the planet from falling further into chaos. The team at Panic Button has developed a version of the game that accentuates and enhances everything players loved about the original. This includes Nintendo Switch-exclusive features like HD rumble and touch screen functionality, plus quality-of-life updates, improved framerate, UI changes and added camera control options.
- Uncover the Mystery – The world of Hob is full of mystery and wonder. Players will unravel the planet’s secrets as they explore and interact with the strange lifeforms that inhabit it.
- Transform the World – By solving puzzles and repairing the world, adventurers will watch the landscape change before their eyes, opening new areas to uncover and explore.
- Unlock New Powers – Upgrading the mechanical glove-arm will reveal new abilities that allow gamers to grapple, punch, and warp their way through the world.
- Adventure – Hob invites adventure seekers to traverse an open world, explore ruins, befriend sprites and battle the rogue creatures that threaten their extinction.
- The Ultimate Hob Experience – This all-new version includes Nintendo Switch exclusive features like HD Rumble and touch screen support, and refines the original game with increased camera control options, streamlined menus and a reworked campaign that make discovering the world of Hob better than ever.
Hob: The Definitive Version is now rated E10+, allowing a new generation of adventurers to unravel the mysteries of Hob, all while enjoying the portability of the Nintendo Switch system. For more information, visit https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/HoB.
ABOUT PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC.
Perfect World Entertainment is a leading North American online games publisher specializing in immersive free-to-play MMORPGs. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment has published a number of popular titles, including Swordsman, Blacklight Retribution, Forsaken World, PWI and Star Trek Online. The company works closely with its American development teams and partners such as Cryptic Studios, developer of the highly acclaimed MMORPG Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter, and Runic Games, developer of the hit Torchlight series, to provide unparalleled quality of service and game experiences to its players. A subsidiary of Perfect World Group, Perfect World Entertainment is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. For more information, please visit: www.perfectworld.com.
ABOUT PANIC BUTTON
Panic Button has become one of the go-to studios for creating definitive platform versions of games, through challenging co-development, creation of developer tools, digital publishing, and original intellectual property. Panic Button was founded in 2007, and is headquartered in Austin, TX. Notable projects include Warframe, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, DOOM, and Astro Duel Deluxe for Nintendo Switch™; Rocket League for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4; TO THE TOP for PlayStation VR; and the multiplatform Disney Infinity franchise. More information can be found at https://www.panicbuttongames.com.