** Editor note: Some of the sites and links are exclusively done in Japanese.
SAN FRANCISCO – June 14, 2019 – Shmup fans rejoice! Video game publisher and developermebius. is excited to announce that the hit side-scrolling bullet hell shmup, Rolling Gunner will be released on the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch™ June 20 across North America and Europe. A physical edition of Rolling Gunner is also planned for release in late 2019.
Fans can add Rolling Gunner to their Wish List by searching for “Rolling Gunner” on the Nintendo eShop from their Nintendo Switch.
Visit the Rolling Gunner game page on Nintendo.com:
With humanity on the verge of extinction, a secret internal division of Lerman Matsunaga had the foresight to design a special weapon against BAC: the Rolling Gun. Operated and controlled via brain implant, humanity’s fate now rests in the hands of a courageous RF-42R STORK pilot who must set out to destroy BAC at the old Lerman Matsunaga building, which has been turned into a near impenetrable BAC fort. This is the last hope for humankind.
And now the final hope takes flight…
- Navigate across 6 stages blanketed in a hail of bullets from an unceasing onslaught of enemies and screen-filling bosses
- Choose from 3 different STORK ships to pilot, each with unique attributes and firing patterns
- Multiple difficulty settings allow players of all skill levels to jump in and enjoy a true bullet hell experience
- Save Replays and use Training mode to master the Rolling Gun and learn the intricacies of each stage
- A pulse-pounding, high-energy original soundtrack composed by COSIO (Space Invaders Extreme, Groove Coaster) perfectly complements the gameplay
- Beautifully animated cutscenes marry gameplay and story
- A challenging risk v reward point system will have seasoned players shooting for the top of the in-game leaderboard
Please visit www.d-mebius.com/rolling_gunner for information, video, screenshots, and more. (Please note: website is currently only available in Japanese).
Fans excited for the upcoming release of Rolling Gunner on Nintendo Switch can share their excitement with the development team on Twitter.
About Project Rolling Gunner
Project Rolling Gunner is a small circle of original arcade and PC developers who banded together to develop Rolling Gunner for PC and Nintendo Switch, with sound design support provided by COSIO, formerly of Zunata.
A publisher and a developer of console video games, mebius. is a group of friends and gamers who are passionate about bringing exciting new indie titles to console for the whole world to enjoy. In addition to publishing Rolling Gunner, mebius. has developed Steel Empire for Nintendo 3DS and Steam, and are currently working on a console port of Unholy Heights. www.d-mebius.com
Rolling Gunner © 2018-2019 Project Rolling Gunner. Developed and Published for the Nintendo Switch under license by mebius.. All rights reserved. Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo. © 2019 Nintendo. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.