BERLIN & STOCKHOLM – OCTOBER 19, 2019 – Paradox Interactive and Harebrained Schemes today announced the Heavy Metal expansion to BATTLETECH at PDXCON, the annual celebration of Paradox’s global community. Launching November 21, 2019 for a suggested retail price of $19.99 / £15.49 / €19.99 and included in the BATTLETECH – Season Pass, Heavy Metal adds eight new ‘Mechs featuring several classic designs, a Flashpoint mini-campaign, and eight weapon systems to the turn-based strategy title on PC, Mac, and Linux.
Heavy Metal adds a massive amount of new gameplay options to the world of BATTLETECH, including seven classic ‘Mech designs from the original BATTLETECH board game and an additional ‘Mech designed exclusively for this expansion. Players can also look forward to eight new weapons systems to destroy their foes in unique ways, along with a brand new Flashpoint mini-campaign.
- One Original and Seven Classic BattleMechs: Seven classic ‘Mechs from BATTLETECH’s 35-year legacy make their triumphant return along with the first completely new ‘Mech designed exclusively for this expansion. Each classic ‘Mech comes with unique equipment that reflects the flavor and lore of the original board game.
- Eight Game-changing New Weapon Systems: Eight all-new weapon systems can be utilized to destroy even the most formidable opponents in a wide variety of unique ways. The ‘Mech Mortar is the first AOE weapon in BATTLETECH and can destroy multiple units at once, while the new COIL Beam generates more energy the further the attacker travels before firing, a perfect fit for light ‘Mechs.
- New Flashpoint Mini-Campaign: Come face-to-face with two legendary characters from BATTLETECH lore – the Bounty Hunter and the Black Widow of Wolf’s Dragoons. A derelict cargo ship has drifted into the Periphery from deep space; what secrets does it contain, and who will ultimately control its mysterious payload?
“Heavy Metal brings a greater level of diversity to BATTLETECH by including eight new ‘Mechs and a variety of devastating weapon systems that will change the way players destroy their opponents,” said Mitch Gitelman, BATTLETECH Game Director and co-founder of Harebrained Schemes. “The new mini-campaign weaves its way through your mercenary career to the point when you become an elite MechCommander, capable of facing off with two of the most legendary MechWarriors in BATTLETECH history.”
BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal will be available for digital download on the Paradox Store and Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux operating systems. Purchase the BATTLETECH – Season Pass on the Paradox Store for all expansions at a discounted price. The Paradox Publisher Weekend is live on Steam until Monday at 10:00 AM PDT, offering sales of up to 66% on all BATTLETECH titles:
- BATTLETECH – 66% off
- BATTLETECH Digital Deluxe Edition – 66% off
- BATTLETECH Mercenary Collection – 40% off
- BATTLETECH: Flashpoint – 50% off
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare – 50% off
About Paradox Interactive
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.