STOCKHOLM – Oct. 19, 2019 – Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer of games where this only sometimes means war, today announced on stage at PDXCON 2019 that Stellaris will get a major diplomacy-themed expansion with Federations later this year. The pen is mightier than the plasma launcher in this expansion that focuses on the galactic community and its internal politics with expanded capabilities for federations and the establishment of a powerful galactic senate. Additionally, Paradox announced a new species pack including a race of sapient rocks, or Lithoids, with rock solid new gameplay which is available for pre-order now for a suggested retail price of $7.99 / £5.79 / €7.99 and will launch on October 24.
Check out the Lithoids and Federations trailers below! The Federations Expansion and Lithoids Species Pack can be pre-ordered at a storefront of one’s choice below:
Lithoids Species Pack
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. With the Stellaris: Federations expansion, players can extend their diplomatic dominion over the galaxy like never before. Use every trick in the book to gain an edge on friend and foe alike, with a host of new options to influence, manipulate, and dominate without firing a shot.
Federations features include:
- Expanded Federations: With expanded diplomacy capabilities, players can build up the internal cohesion of their Federations and unlock powerful rewards for all members. Whether you join a Trade League, Martial Alliance, or Hegemony, membership can be extremely advantageous.
- Galactic Community: Unite the space empires with a galactic senate that can vote on a wide range of resolutions to drive legislative agendas. For example, players can pass a resolution to increase commitments to collective defense or funnel profit towards wealthy elites. Members can also sanction those who defy the community, and enact a single galactic focus. Sway the senate to position yourself as a leader, trading favors and maneuvering, doing whatever it takes to gain influence among schemers.
- Origins: Each empire has a story that shapes its path. Give your civilization deeper roots with the new system of Origins. By choosing an Origin, players can flesh out their empire’s background and alter its starting conditions. Whether it’s Void Dwellers who have abandoned their homeworld to live in perpetual orbit, or a society that worships and protects a powerful Tree of Life, you can lay the groundwork wisely for the seeds of your empire.
- New Constructions: Construct glorious new projects for your empire like the Juggernaut, a massive mobile starbase that provides a moveable repair base even in enemy territory, or the Mega Shipyard, a new megastructure that can churn out fleets with incredible speed. Offering both tactical advantages and a good dose of shock and/or awe, these are sure to be an asset to any space empire.
Lithoids Species Pack includes:
In addition, the Lithoids Species Pack features not only completely new gameplay but also a selection of new rock-based species portraits and ship models for players who take nothing for granite and are looking to unearth a more grounded civilization. Lithoids are a bigger and boulder species type made entirely of sapient rock who eat minerals for sustenance, are long-lived, and can colonize in almost any environment.
Players can look forward to trying out the entirely new Lithoid play style that focuses on mineral production, relentless colonization of even the most marginal worlds, and refusing to cede an inch of your empire – for sedimental value. The Lithoids Species Pack includes:
- Unique Mechanics for Lithoid Empires
- 15 New Portraits of Lithoids and 1 of a Lithoid robot
- New Mineral-based Ship Models
- New voice pack
For more information about Stellaris, visit http://www.stellarisgame.com/
About Paradox Interactive
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.