Previously featured in our Sunday Bites, Gataela is back with new features and content for players as Atemly Games continues on its development.
Check back soon for another bite sized look that I hope to have to you shortly!
A Victorian Steampunk RPG where saving the Kingdom requires more than just brains and brawn: you also need to talk to people! Featuring a debate battle system, talk, debate, convince and negotiate with NPCs in order to save the country!
A decade ago, a devastating civil war rocked the country of Gataela. Though the country has recovered, the victims have not, and Zack – one of these – heads to the local Lord to request aid. However, along his way, his journey leads him as far as the capital, stirring up the old flames of war.
Gataela is an RPG inspired by our love of the Tales series, the aesthetics of Victorian Steampunk, and the desire to give NPCs a greater role than background flavour text. We wanted to create a game that was focused on the everyday, where the average person can make a change, and where the goal is not to save the world, but to make a difference in the place you call home. Gatalea is a game about communication, and the power of the individual.
- Two Battle Systems: Timed turn-based, and Debate battles where you can negotiate, convince, and debate with NPCs
- Speaking to NPCs is important: NPCs can give you the facts you need to back up your arguments in debates
- Skits: Get to know more about the characters and the world
- Skills level up with you: The more you use a skill, the better you’ll get at it
- Build your party to suit your play style: Decide your party’s classes, and distribute stat points when you level up
- Science is on your side: Use gunpowder and science to craft items which can help you get out of a pinch
- Costumes: Changing your outfit will also change your overworld’s appearance, and their appearance in skits