Check out our review early next week!
The first expansion for Warhammer: Vermintide 2 brings a brand new enemy faction and new challenges to the game. As a meteor crashes down in the Reikland, Beastmen emerge from the depths of the Reikwald forest and rush to the epicenter to claim it as a Herdstone. It is up to the five heroes to stop them before a dreadful disaster strikes the Empire.
New Enemy Faction
- BEASTMEN- As grotesque hybrids of humans and beasts the Beastmen have the intelligence of a man and the cunning of wild animals. These savage warriors embrace Chaos willingly and will show no compassion or nobility. With profound malice for order and reason, these Children of Chaos want to end the world in bloody carnage.
- DARK OMENS – The Heroes set out to prevent a warpstone meteorite from falling into the hands of the Dark Pact.
New Game Mode
- WINDS OF MAGIC – Bring your friends and try to complete a new set of challenges with increasing difficulties in the weaves of the eight Winds of Magic.
- Map: A chunk of an existing adventure map.
- Wind: The different Winds of Magic will affect and modify the map.
- Objective: Each map will have a specific objective for players to complete.
- Finale: If the objective is completed the players will face the final challenge.
- Difficulty: As players progress the difficulty will increase.
- CATACLYSM – It’s time to truly test your mettle in this new higher difficulty.
- Sienna – Flaming Flail
- Bardin – Throwing Axes
- Kerillian – Shield & Spear
- Markus – Heavy Spear
- Victor – Billhook
Since Fatshark left the fish tank in 2007 we’ve gone from working as subcontractors on various AAA titles to becoming a self-publishing studio. Now best known for the critically acclaimed Warhammer: Vermintide 2.
Originally founded by Martin Wahlund, Rikard Blomberg, Joakim Wahlström and Johan Jonker the company started off working as hired guns. It wasn’t until 2010 that we published our first game – Lead and Gold, a wild-western shooter, with the help of Paradox Interactive. In 2009 Fatshark co-founded Bitsquid that later was acquired by Autodesk in 2014. The money from the sale funded our very first self-published AAA game, Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide.
Read more about Fatshark on the website.