BERLIN & STOCKHOLM — Oct 19, 2019 — Paradox Interactive today announced Surviving the Aftermath, the next chapter in the publisher’s Surviving brand, is now available in Early Access on the Epic Games Store and Xbox Game Preview. Developed by Iceflake Studios, the post-apocalyptic colony builder is being co-developed alongside the community with regular updates incorporating player feedback. Players who want to get in on the ground level and participate in the game’s Early Access period can purchase Surviving the Aftermath at an early-bird discount of $19.99 / £15.49 / €19.99. Surviving the Aftermath will leave Early Access and launch on Epic Games Store, Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation® 4 in late 2020.
Check out the Early Access launch trailer to see Surviving the Aftermath in action.
In Surviving the Aftermath, players will build and manage a colony of survivors in the shadow of a world-ending event. Resources are scarce following the apocalypse, and survival requires mastery of complex systems to optimize production and colony management to ensure nothing is wasted. Players will construct buildings, manage colonists, adapt to natural disasters and more in an effort to restore civilization.
Surviving the Aftermath is more than a colony builder and enables players to go beyond the shelter to explore a dangerous world filled with unique biomes, hazards, bandits, and more. Recruit and send out teams of Specialists to gather resources and intelligence about the world around the colony. Players can see what their teams have discovered by utilizing a vast overworld map that adds layers of strategic gameplay not typically included in a colony builder.
“Throughout Surviving Mars’ development we learned the importance of listening to our community and their feedback helped elevate that game to new heights,” said Nikhat Ali, Lead Producer on Surviving the Aftermath at Paradox Interactive. “With Surviving the Aftermath we want to get our players involved as early as possible so we can make sure we’re making the game they want to play. We have an ambitious content schedule ahead of us that includes monthly updates where we will incorporate feedback from our players and we’re confident the team at Iceflake is the right team for the job.”
“Surviving the Aftermath is the game we’ve always wanted to make,” Lasse Liljedahl, CEO and Lead Designer at Iceflake Studios, said. “When we pitched our plan to Paradox, they recognized our passion and commitment to making this game the best survival colony builder it can be. We’re beyond thrilled to finally share our dream project with the world and to have the support of one of the industry’s leading publishers.”
Surviving the Aftermath Features:
- No Place Like Home: Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 50 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security. Don’t forget to construct the Gate to venture into the savage world beyond your colony.
- Surviving Earth: Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with exploitable resources, bandits, and more. Each environment has different conditions that will affect your colony’s survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival is my Specialty: Recruit over 46 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected: Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Mods: Surviving the Aftermath players can bring their own visions to life using Paradox Mods.
Future updates to Surviving the Aftermath include diplomacy and combat options between colonies, expanded tech trees, endgame content and much more. To learn more about Surviving the Aftermath, and to check out the content roadmap, head over to http://survivingtheaftermath.com
About Paradox Interactive
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.
About Iceflake Studios
Iceflake Studios is an independent game development company founded in 2007 and based in Tampere, Finland. Although, their roots go as far back as 2003 when they started making game modifications. They are a team of experienced game developers and have made games for PC, console, and all current VR and mobile platforms. The studio’s biggest successes include the multi-million download hits Premium Pool and the popular ice fishing game Ice Lakes.