Dreamscaper is a surreal, roguelite inspired action RPG with modernized hack’n’slash combat – players battle a nightmarish depression that lives in a young woman’s subconscious. Every slumber is a different dungeon and you must unlock the power of your dreams to see a new day. Play as Cassidy, a young woman trapped in a deep depression. Dive into her subconscious to take on the nightmares she wrestles with.
- An expansive combat system that rewards skilled play – shoot off finger guns, rend the earth below you or whip a yo-yo into enemies with a slew of dream inspired weaponry
- Adventure through six beautiful, haunting dreamscapes to discover powerful artifacts, surreal scenery and a multitude of unique events, challenges and puzzles
- Day / night gameplay – explore the waking and dreaming world to learn Cassidy’s story, your actions in one affect the other
- Deep item progression that creates synergies and new possibilities every run, encouraging experimentation and high replay-ability
- Warp the Dreamscape around you with “Lucid Powers” – surreal dream attacks and abilities that manipulate the elements, warp space, and even control time itself
- Live Cassidy’s waking life and forge friendships with the people around her. Empower Cassidy with their hopes and memories to dispel the darkness of her nightmares
- A beautiful, dynamic soundtrack composed by Dale North that adapts to player experience
Check out our social media links
About Afterburner Studios
An independent studio of veteran game developers from 2K Games, Epic Games, Zynga, and Outpost Games, Afterburner Studios was founded in the summer of 2018 after Robert Taylor, Ian Cofino and Paul Svoboda left traditional game development behind. Afterburner Studios strives to create experiences that move players through gameplay, story and wonder.