Welcome to the Starena Gladiator Tournament, gladiator! Now, grab your weapon, no time to waste – can’t you hear the crowd cheering and howling out there? The workshop is over there if you want to mod your weapon. Now, who’re you fighting today, let me see – oh, yes, the giant crushing robot ten times your size. Well, try at least to explode espectacularly, won’t you? We gotta please the audience, this is the most watched sport in the universe after all!
Publisher Gamera Game and developer Darksun Studio announce today Starena, a boss rush arena game with RPG elements, which will be released on May 21st for $14.99 / €12.49. Face the deadliest robots and creatures from across the whole universe, and all of them are bigger, stronger and meaner than you – only your skill and cunning can lead you to victory!
Each battle is a boss fight against a new unique enemy with its own mechanics, special moves and weaknesses. All of them have destroyable and dettachable parts that you can destroy to make them lose specific abilities – but also to use the broken pieces yourself!
Gamera Game and Darksun Studio have released a free demo of Starena. Download it from its Steam Store page.
You’ve got something else on your corner other than your skill and cunning: the audience, always willing to cheer for the underdog. Give them what they want by achieving in-game dynamic goals and they’ll help you with medkits and other special items.
Starena also includes some RPG elements. You can customize your weapon and mecha with the parts you pick during your battles, crafting unique weapons that are truly yours. You can also personalize your entourage by choosing your best fans who will accompany you to the arena. Each can help you in different ways; you can positionthem in different places among the crowd so you always know where to turn for help!
- FAST-PACED HECTIC ACTION: Enter the arena and face the challenge of varied boss fights in a hectic fighting experience!
- DESTROY THE ENEMY BIT BY BIT: Every boss is designed with destroyable and dettachable parts. Destroying them not only makes your enemy lose power – you can use the broken pieces to turn the tide of the battle in your favor!
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR MECHA: Pick fallen components and use them to customize your weapons and skin to gain new powers. In later stages, you can even customize the voxel boxes to craft a unique weapon that is truly yours!
- PLEASE THE CROWD: Complete in-battle tasks that the audience will give you to earn their devotion and to make them help you during every encounter. You’re fighting for their enjoyment, after all!
- BRING YOUR BEST FANS: Choose between different types of fans to become your most prominent fans. They will follow you to every battle and drop items to help you out in the battlefield!
- 3D VOXEL ART, ADRENALINE-PUMPING MUSIC: A unique art style with catchy, adrenaline-pumping music to make you experience the thrill of the Starena Gladiator Tournament!
- ONLINE LEADERBOARDS: Hone your skills and try to get in the worldwide leaderboards by defeating your enemies as fast as possible!
ABOUT GAMERA GAME
Gamera Game is a Shanghai-based publisher founded in 2018. Focused on providing publishing services for indie games, the team aims to help game developers as their sidekicks, and because of that, it has established friendly relations with dozens of indie developers from all over the world. Get in touch with us at http://www.gameragame.com/ and follow us on Twitter!
ABOUT DARKSUN STUDIO
Darksun Studio is a small Chinese game studio founded in 2016. The studio aims to create interesting, fun and creative experiences – and if possible make a little money out of it!! We are always in the process of creating new ideas and game concepts to refine our prototypes and make them as engaging and compelling as possible.