September 18th, Warsaw, Poland.
Captain’s Journal: “We are living in a dying world, where breeding animals or farming plants is no longer possible. Everything is born dead. We, as Gatewalkers, are left with no other choice but to travel to different worlds, where we’ll try to gather food to survive and the resources needed to heal our world. If we’re lucky, maybe we’ll make it habitable again.”
Watch the gameplay video with developer’s commentary to learn what Gatewalkers is all about.
Add the game to your wishlist on Steam to not miss any news from the Gatewalkers’ world.
Take on the role of one of the “Gatewalkers” – a member of an elite organization called The Guild, who, along with his fellow teammates, is being sent to explore distant corners of the universe to save their homeland.
During your journey through the Gates that the Ancients have built, and other mysterious constructs found in all reachable worlds, you will face various dangers. And while facing them, you will only be able to depend on your quick reflexes to move around the battlefield, plan your actions, and co-operate with your team members. Enemies that you’ll encounter will require you to adjust both your strategy and equipment to defeat them. Remember, however, that changing equipment results in a change to your fighting style too, as all your skills are attributed to particular elements of your armor and weapons.
Last but not least will be taking good care of your mental health or caring for your other basic needs, as these are as crucial to being victorious in your mission as making sure that your guns are loaded and your armor patched.
GATEWALKERS – MAIN FEATURES
- A single-player or online co-op experience. Try to make it alone or team up with up to four players. Share the responsibilities, fight terrifying monsters, survive extreme weather conditions, and do whatever you can to get back home in one piece. Pro tip: surviving is easier together than alone.
- A truly skill-based combat without auto-aim but with co-operative combo mechanics.
- A fine mixture of survival and action RPG with crafting and procedurally generated worlds.
- A unique character progression based on crafting without leveling. In short, “You are what you wear.”
- An original game loop where each world introduces a unique survival mechanic, forcing players to adapt to stay alive.
Gatewalkers, previously announced on PC, will also come to Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
About A2 Softworks
A2 Softworks is a game development studio made of young and ambitious people for whom game creation is not only a job but, first of all, a fun and joyful way to express themselves. Developers are gamers too, so they try to develop games they cannot find on the market. http://a2softworks.com/