LOS ANGELES (Sept. 24, 2020) – Today SQUARE ENIX® kicked off Tokyo Game Show 2020 Online with the announcement that NieR Replicant™ ver.1.22474487139… will launch for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, and PC (Steam®) on April 23, 2021. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is a modern re-telling of NieR Replicant, which originally released in Japan in 2010, and is the highly anticipated prequel to NieR:Automata, the post-apocalyptic action-RPG that has sold over 4.5 million copies worldwide. In NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, players are invited to experience a dark, apocalyptic world as they join a brother’s captivating quest to cure his sister of a deadly disease – a quest which will in turn make them question everything.
Click here to view the NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… TGS Trailer
Additionally, a trailer debuted during the show, offering players a deeper look at familiar locations, set to a newly recorded soundtrack by renowned composer Keiichi Okabe from MONACA (NieR series, TEKKEN, Drakengard 3). Fans can also catch a glimpse at the game’s beautifully updated visuals and newly illustrated characters from NieR:Automata character designer, Akihiko Yoshida from CyDesignation (FINAL FANTASY® XIV, BRAVELY DEFAULT®).
Fans can also now pre-order the “White Snow Edition,” exclusively from the SQUARE ENIX Store for $159.99. This version includes the game on the player’s platform of choice, along with the following:
- “Lunar Tear” Collector’s Box
- Steelbook® Case – A metal case featuring stunning artwork by Illustrator KODA KAZUMA.
- Pin Badge Set – Grimoire Weiss, Grimoire Noir, and Grimoire Rubrum pins presented in a specialized display case. Exclusive to the White Snow Edition.
- Script Set – A set of seven books including the content of the spoken script of the game, exclusive to the White Snow Edition. Packaged in a special hard case, featuring unique cover art by character designer Akihiko Yoshida. Available in English only.
- Soundtrack CD Set – A two-disc collection – one disc featuring tracks from NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… specifically edited for this set, and a second disc featuring special arrangements, overseen by Keiichi Okabe, of select tracks that are exclusive to the White Snow Edition. The set is presented in a premium Grimoire Weiss-inspired package.
Furthermore, numerous pre-order bonuses are available for each platform:
- PlayStation®4 system – All editions will include an exclusive PlayStation®4 system dynamic theme and avatar set. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.
- Xbox One – Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.
- Steam – All editions will include a special digital wallpaper collection. Pre-orders will also include a digital copy of the mini soundtrack featuring a sampling of songs from the White Snow Edition soundtrack CDs.
Complete details on the all editions of the game available for pre-order are available here: http://www.niergame.com.
During the show, SQUARE ENIX® also announced that NieR Re[in]carnation, the first mobile title in the NieR series, is in development by Applibot, Inc. for North America and Europe. Follow the official NieR Re[in]carnation Twitter and Facebook accounts for the latest information.
NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is not yet rated. For more information, visit: http://www.niergame.com.
Official NieR Series Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NieRGame
Official NieR Re[in]carnation Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NieRReinEN
Official NieR Series Twitter: @NieRGame
Official NieR Re[in]carnation Twitter: @NieRReinEN
Official Page: www.niergame.com
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 154 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 82 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 78 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.