04 November 2020 | Wroclaw, Poland – Oculus Quest’s highest-rated archery game, In Death: Unchained has just received a major graphical update for Quest 2.
In Death: Unchained already stands out from the mobile VR crowd with its detailed visuals and natural lighting, and the new major update further establishes it as the benchmark of visual quality on mobile VR.
“We wanted the update to really show off what the new headset can do, and this is arguably the biggest Quest 2 update among existing games” says Wojtek Podgórski, Superbright’s CEO.
“The team’s been hard at work on visual upgrades that leverage Quest 2’s beefier and more modern hardware. We’ve been working on this since the game came out, it took major effort but we can now display the game’s whole world at once, with beautiful new atmospheric effects, while making everything even sharper and smoother. The game just looks and feels even better on Quest 2”.
The developer says players can expect even more visual upgrades, some of which are expected to trickle down to the original Quest, while the developer is also working on a free DLC for both Quest 1 & 2, to be released mid-November.
Improvements players can expect from the Quest 2 update:
Whole world at once, with improvements in performance and quality
The game now loads and displays the whole world at once so the players can see far into the distance, enjoy heavenly vistas and get a better sense of direction in the game.
- New atmospheric fog – Built from the ground up to deliver the heavenly look of In Death: Unchained, the update brings a new volumetric, multi-layered custom fog that spans the whole world.
- Additional level pieces – The game’s world includes additional floating islands that help fill out the world outside of the play areas
- Sharper visuals (Fixed Foveated Rendering is turned OFF on Quest 2) – Combining the game’s optimizations and Quest 2’s power, the update turns off fixed foveated rendering and the output is super crisp on Quest 2.
- New cloud shadows – The game adds a subtle cloud shadow effect to the whole level, adding to the heavenly look.
- Updated snow shader – The snow shader on the boulders that support the buildings has been updated.
- Updated texture filtering – Texture LOD’s/mipmaps are tuned for more quality on Quest 2, combined with the FFOV OFF increasing the overall quality to make the game look sharper.
- Overall comfort – The game feels smoother, especially in big fights, thanks to the increased CPU power and game optimizations.
About In Death: Unchained
In Death: Unchained” brings the rogue-lite experience to the Oculus Quest. Grab your longbow and rain down arrows against the forsaken souls, angelic creatures, and demons that have taken over the godless afterlife as you battle through the procedurally generated levels of Heaven, Purgatory, and Hell.