3 December 2020 – Today, developer Algo Rocks and publisher tinyBuild launch Startup Panic, a fast-moving business sim, on PC via the Epic Games Store, as well as iOS and Android.
Quit your job and get some Startup Panic! Injecting classic tycoon gameplay with a sharp and absurd sense of humour, Startup Panic is a highly customisable tech-business management sim ideal for players new to the genre – or veterans looking for a bit of personality as their small company conquers the corporate world.
Starting from a bedroom office, Startup Panic builds quickly, meaning wannabe CEOs must move fast to navigate hackers, underhanded competitors and even real sea-sailing pirates to become the best.
With an expansive business customisation tree, a huge world map to branch out to and full office design control, players can design their perfect start-up from scratch – and defend it against the ever-changing market how they see fit.
Send your staff on a well-earned break to a dinosaur theme park, make some shady dealing with elite hackers, and work your way to over seven unique victories – including becoming President or even setting up a colony on Mars!
Algorocks founder and CEO Adib Toriq said, “When we first started developing Startup Panic, I thought I could bring something to the game from my experience as a start-up founder. A job offer to abandon your start-up just as you begin, the celebration when you win (or lose) a competition, the risk of employee poaching, and many other game mechanics are all inspired by my real-life experiences as a founder.
“However, along the way, we found things that could spice up the game. We started to think, “Wouldn’t it be fun if, aside from being poached by competitors, our employees could also be at risk of kidnapping by pirates when they take a beach vacation? What if the player could blackmail a hacker to get their data back? What if an employee gets caught stealing your favourite sandwich? And so the goofy side of Startup Panic grew.
“At its core, Startup Panic is a simulation game, but its depth and personality are what makes it shine.”
Startup Panic is out now on PC via the Epic Games Store, and is also available for iOS and Android.
About Startup Panic
Conquer the tech business industry from your bedroom in Startup Panic, a business management sim with a lot of personality.
- You’re in control – Decide each project’s priorities and focus, what does your company stand for?
- Keep an eye on the clock – Taking a team vacation to an undersea diner will boost office morale, but focusing on the next best feature before your competitors will skyrocket your reputation, choose wisely!
- Assemble the perfect team – Each potential employee comes with their own personality and skills – some good, some not so much. Look out for who you share your secrets with.
- The sky’s the limit – Compete with rival CEOs for new users in your region, and then expand out by building new headquarters on the world map!
- Each decision matters – Who knows what trouble may come your way next as you lead the charge? Watch out for greedy hackers, shady CEOs, and even pirates as your company grows!
Algorocks is an Indonesia-based game studio founded in 2016. Our team consists of 25% artist, 50% programmer, 25% designer, and 25% writer. Our writer’s math skill is not too brilliant. But our game is!
We focus our creativity, tenacity, and energy in crafting simulation games.
Coming up on its 10th anniversary in the industry, tinyBuild is proud to help shape the modern definition of indie games.
Supporting developers in India, Ukraine, France, The Netherlands, Brazil, the US and now Indonesia, tinyBuild knows that confidently talented developers are all around us and waiting to be discovered. With a portfolio of games like SpeedRunners, Hello Neighbor, Graveyard Keeper and Pathologic, tinyBuild has some big plans for what’s next!