Friday, February 12, 2021, Manchester, UK – Merge Games is delighted to announce Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles – Enhanced Edition will be landing at retail on PlayStation 5 in May. Collectors will be keen to learn that the game will also be available as a Signature Edition version, fully loaded with exclusive enamel pins, a companion art book, a numbered art print featuring the dev’s signatures, and a super-cute cat key-ring. Nintendo gamers who missed out the first time around will be jumping for joy as the Switch version is getting a refresh too!
About Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
Yonder is set on the beautiful, vibrant island of Gemea. A lush frontier with eight distinct environments ranging from sunny and tropical beaches to frigid, snow-capped summits. Each location has its own flora and fauna, along with changing seasons and a day-night cycle. But Gemea is not as perfect as it seems. The mysterious Murk has enshrouded the land and its people are in despair.
As the hero of Gemea, you must seek out the hidden and whimsical creatures known as Sprites. Use their power to clear the Murk and restore nature’s beauty. As you explore Gemea you can barter, discover unique materials to craft with, befriend the adorable wildlife and even create your own working farm.
By contributing to the island with skills such as farming, crafting, cooking, fishing and brewing, relationships can be built with the locals, who offer everything from resources to a new farm as rewards.
Yonder offers a world to lose yourself in; a world filled with the wonder of discovery and the spirit of adventure.
- PlayStation 5 enhancements including:
- DualSense™ wireless controller haptic feedback
- DualSense™ wireless controller speaker support
- 4K and 60fps
- Additional player character accessories
- A vibrant open world full of things to discover and places to explore.
- Set your own pace; trail-blaze across the world or settle down for a spot of quiet fishing and farming.
- Extensive character customization.
- Master professions like carpenter, chef, tailor, and more to help the residents of Gemea.
- Craft and trade items to solve puzzles as you banish the Murk from the island.
- Befriend and adopt endearing creatures.
- Build and harvest multiple farms across 8 diverse biomes, ranging from grasslands to dense forests, tropics, and more.
- Set in a welcoming world you’ll want to visit over and over again.
- A mix of hand-tailored and procedurally generated quests.
- Multiple creative routes to achieve objectives.
- A dynamic living world – seasonal changes affect routes, animals migrate. A day/night cycle and evolving weather conditions affect the world.
Buildings Have Feelings Too! will launch into retail on PlayStation 5 (£29.99, €34.99, $34.99) and Nintendo Switch (£29.99, €34.99, $34.99) in May.
Signature Edition versions for PlayStation 5 (£39.99, €49.99, $49.99) and Nintendo Switch (£39.99, €49.99, $49.99) are available for pre-order now.
PlayStation 5 – https://signatureeditiongames.com/products/yonder-the-cloud-catcher-chronicles-signature-edition-ps5
Switch – https://signatureeditiongames.com/products/yonder-the-cloud-catcher-chronicles-new-signature-edition-switch
About Prideful Sloth
Prideful Sloth is a micro-AAA game development studio based in Brisbane, Australia, and founded by veteran AAA developers, Cheryl Vance and Joel Styles. Formed in 2015, Prideful Sloth exists for the sole purpose of making beautiful worlds for their fans to explore, traverse, and experience. Inspired by games such as Elder Scrolls, Zelda, Harvest Moon, Destiny, and Bastion along with real-life locations they’ve lived in; from England to Australia, they want their worlds to be their own characters. You can find out more by visiting www.pridefulsloth.com.
Merge is an independent video game publisher and distributor based in Manchester, UK. The company publishes and distributes interactive software worldwide for personal computers and video game consoles. Merge also specializes in publishing collectible games for retail via its Signature Edition brand (www.signatureeditiongames.com), and worldwide digital distribution for independent developers. More information about Merge products can be found at www.mergegames.com.
About Signature Edition Games
Signature Edition Games offer collectors’ editions of the very best indie games on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC. Games come specially boxed with exclusive content (soundtracks, art books, stickers, figures, and the like), carefully packaged, and shipped globally. More information about Merge products can be found at www.signatureeditiongames.com.