We’re excited to share that Beacon Pines will be a featured game at LudoNarraCon this year! The Hiding Spot Games team is honored to be included in this event, and we’d love for Beacon Pines to be a part of your LudoNarraCon experience.
In Beacon Pines, you play as both the reader of an extraordinary storybook, and its main character, a young boy probing mysterious events in his hometown. Along the way you’ll discover new words that let you rewrite past events, leading to entire new timelines to explore. Check out Beacon Pines today – it’s like “Winnie-the-Pooh” meets “Stranger Things”.
Beacon Pines is a cute and creepy adventure game within a magical storybook. You play as both the reader of the book and its main character, Luka. Explore the town to find word charms. Use your charms to change the course of fate!
Believe it or not, Beacon Pines started its life as a rhythm-based RPG. Seriously. But as we slowly designed the game over several years, we pivoted when it felt like the game was telling us what it wanted to be. For us, the most compelling aspects of the game wound up being not the combat, but the story and characters. So we followed that instinct.
- Explore an illustrated mountain town to collect word charms
- Use those words to alter the story
- Use those words to make friends
- Use those words to weave the fabric of fate itself
- Open the magical book at any time to go back and change your decisions
- No combat – exploration, deep character-driven dialogue, and light puzzle-solving
- Explore an illustrated town full of charming characters – and unnerving secrets
- Change past events by turning back the storybook, uncovering new branches
- Discover new words and use them to write (and rewrite) the game’s story
- Over 200% funded on Kickstarter
- Coming to PC and Nintendo Switch (more platforms possible)
This digital convention is presented by Fellow Traveller, and showcases the latest innovative games with a narrative focus. LudoNarraCon 2021 will be taking place on Steam from April 23rd to 26th and features free playable demos, live-streamed panel discussions, and lots of other great content from over 40 game exhibitors. Find out more at https://www.ludonarracon.com/