Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Nimes, France (April 7, 2021) – Developer Midgard Studio and publisher Dear Villagers (Astria Ascending) today announced that, after two years in Steam Early Access, their hit JRPG Edge Of Eternity will release on PC on June 8 with a massive launch update that adds 20 hours of additional gameplay and brings the game’s story to an end. To celebrate the announcement the game will be available at a discount on Steam until April 13 and will be 33 percent off.
Edge Of Eternity was also announced for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S today. It’ll arrive on the next-gen consoles alongside the PS4, Xbox One, and Game Pass versions, in the newly announced release window of Q4 2021.
In a world torn asunder, the people of Heryon pursue a desperate war against a mysterious invader. As this conflict opposing magic and technology grows to cataclysmic proportions, a new threat emerges from the battlefield. Wage epic turn-based battles as you follow Daryon and Selene in their quest to find a cure to the all-consuming Corrosion and save the world of Heryon.
Edge Of Eternity was made possible by over 4,000 fans who supported the game via a successful Kickstarter campaign. The crowdfunding was so successful that Midgard Studio was able to work with the legendary JRPG composer of Chrono Trigger, Yasunori Mitsuda. You can hear the result of that partnership in the latest trailer on the Steam Store Page.
About Edge Of Eternity:
- An enthralling JRPG adventure where your choices matter: Discover a grand tale of hope and sacrifice, filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments. Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences.
- A gorgeous world to discover: Journey through Heryon’s unique and ethereal environments, and unearth its most ancient secrets.
- A stunning soundtrack from the composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles: Heryon is brought to life by a sublime soundtrack from industry legend and composer of Chrono Trigger & Xenoblade Chronicles, Yasunori Mitsuda.
- A Deep & Strategic Combat System: Outwit your enemies in epic turn-based tactical combat: use the environment to lure them into devious traps, outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage. Craft your gear and inset it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
- A Cast of Charismatic Characters: Meet a cast of larger-than-life companions, each with their own unique personalities and attributes. Discover their dreams, flaws, hopes, and torments as you experience and share many special moments together.
“We’ve poured our whole heart into making Edge Of Eternity,” said Jeremy Zeler, founder of Midgar Studio. “It’s a story of epic existential battles and intimate personal dramas. I can’t wait to show it off to the world.”
“Edge of Eternity is the perfect illustration of what we want to do with Dear Villagers: discover talented studios and help them bring ambitious projects to life,” says Guillaume Jamet, VP Publishing for Dear Villagers. “What Midgar has accomplished, with a small team, is quite incredible and we are very proud to be by their side for this launch.”
About Dear Villagers
Dear Villagers is a publishing label of Plug In Digital. It’s a warm-hearted invitation to join us in the little unusual neighborhood we are building within the gaming industry, a place where talented studios can unleash their creativity and where players enjoy distinctive and audacious games on PC and consoles, such as Astria Ascending, Revita, Edge of Eternity, ScourgeBringer, and The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos.