Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Thursday, 25th March 2021 – Punishing action role-playing game, Thymesia, from OverBorder Studio, is to be published under Team17’s independent games label. Today’s partnership announcement will see the studio’s debut title arrive on PC later this year. Set against a world ravaged by a plague, Thymesia will challenge players with fast-paced melee combat while they unravel the mysteries that haunt the harrowingly beautiful world.
Thymesia steps out of the darkness with this announcement trailer:
At the heart of the story is Corvus, a mysterious character capable of seizing enemy diseases and using them as weapons against his adversaries; players will engage in visceral combat, combining ferocious offensive abilities, perfectly timed parries, and dynamic dodges to take down unforgiving enemies. Players will also have the ability to customize Corvus to their own playstyle, upgrading and improving various stats to aid in their journey to recover Corvus’ memories.
Thymesia Key Features:
- Weaponizing diseases: As Corvus, players can seize diseases from enemies and wield them as deadly weapons
- Engaging Combat: Players will need to use their entire arsenal to avoid death; dodging attacks and parrying at precisely the right time will be instrumental to survival
- A dark and deadly world: With a sinister and gloomy backdrop, Thymesia oozes character through its environments and setting
- Unforgiving enemies: Corrupted by the plague, and mutated into monsters, the enemies are twisted and incredibly hostile, challenging players at every turn
- Replayability: The ability to customize Corvus and try different builds, coupled with the multiple different endings available, means no two playthroughs are ever the same.
Moon Lee, Game Director, OverBorder Studio, said:
“The amount of enthusiasm from the community has been incredible and we’re happy to be working with Team17 on Thymesia. Their support has been instrumental in the game’s development, and we can’t wait to share the challenging world we’ve created with players later this year.”
Craig McCarthy, Producer, Team17, said:
“Thymesia is a unique title for Team17, and we’re dead excited to be working with OverBorder Studio on this dark and gloomy title. We’re confident that players are going to enjoy exploring the world and testing their combat skills as Corvus, challenging themselves against the monstrous foes that await.”
About OverBorder Studio
Made up of a group of seven gaming enthusiasts with game development experience from various studios, and located in Taiwan, OverBorder Studio is currently working on their combat-focused debut title Thymesia.
About Team17 Group plc
Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Floated on AIM in 2018, Team17, with its extensive portfolio of over 100 titles, embodies the spirit of independent games. In addition to the award-winning Overcooked!, Yoku’s Island Express, and the iconic Worms, which celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2020, Team17 has helped bring critically acclaimed titles including Hell Let Loose, Moving Out, Golf With Your Friends, Yooka-Laylee, and the Impossible Lair, Blasphemous, and The Escapists to gamers everywhere. Visit www.team17.com for more info.