The Frontline (June 3, 2021) – Join the resistance – Rebellion, one of Europe’s largest independent studios, today revealed that Sniper Elite VR will be launching July 8, 2021 on PlayStation® VR, Steam VR, Oculus Rift, and Oculus Quest. The latest entry in the award-winning franchise puts you deep into the heart of the action with fully immersive virtual reality first-person shooter gameplay.
Built from the ground up as a virtual reality experience, Sniper Elite VR enlists you as an Italian partisan, fighting fascism in a powerful World War II story told through his harrowing memories as you protect your fellow countrymen and drive back the merciless invaders. Developed in partnership with Just Add Water and Coatsink, the game delivers a new perspective on Rebellion’s critically acclaimed sniping and stealth mechanics which marries breathtaking immersion with the authenticity for which the series is famous.
Sniper Elite VR Key Features:
- HEART-POUNDING GUNPLAY – Grab your rifle, gaze down the scope and take aim, as realistic ballistics and immersive weapon interactions, such as physically reloading while under fire, bring a whole new dimension to this intense sniping simulation.
- EXCLUSIVE CAMPAIGN – Take on a new explosive stand-alone campaign with 18 replayable missions as you relive the battles through the memories of an Italian veteran.
- SUITE OF MOVEMENT OPTIONS – From full locomotion to accessible single stick teleport, you can tailor the controls to your preference as you use stealth and cunning to outmaneuver enemy troops and vehicles across levels packed with tactical possibilities.
- AUTHENTIC WW2 WEAPONS – Experience the firepower of historically accurate WW2 weaponry, with an armory of rifles, SMGs, pistols, shotguns, grenades & explosives.
- VISCERAL X-RAY KILL-CAM – Witness the devastating effect of your shot as Sniper Elite’s signature kill-cam returns, rebuilt for VR.
SNIPER ELITE VR is coming to PlayStation VR, Steam VR, Oculus Rift and Oculus Quest on July 8, 2021.
For more details, please visit
- Official Website: https://rebellion.com/games/sniper-elite-vr/
- Sniper Elite Facebook: Sniper Elite | Facebook
- Sniper Elite Twitter: Sniper Elite (@SniperElite) / Twitter
- Rebellion Facebook: Rebellion | Facebook
- Rebellion Twitter: Rebellion (@Rebellion) / Twitter
COPYRIGHT ©2021 REBELLION. THE REBELLION NAME AND LOGO AND THE SNIPER ELITE NAME AND LOGO ARE TRADEMARKS OF REBELLION AND MAY BE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS IN CERTAIN COUNTRIES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Founded in 1992, Rebellion is one of Europe’s biggest independent studios. Its flagship Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 20 million players worldwide. 2000 AD is synonymous with the absolute finest in British comic book art. With the acquisition of a $100m film studio and the world’s largest archive of English language comics, Rebellion continues to grow from strength to strength.
Rebellion now operates across books, comics, TV, and film, but at its core, it’s still a leading developer and publisher of games. Whether it’s the breathtaking intensity of Sniper Elite 4, the face-hugging terror of Aliens vs. Predator, or the grindhouse frenzy of the Zombie Army series, the Oxford-based studio is revered for creating stand-out games designed to thrill.
About Just Add Water
Founded in 2006 by British career developer Stewart Gilray, Just Add Water (Development), Ltd is an experienced PC and console development studio specializing in work-for-hire alongside original titles. The company has partnered with a variety of the industry’s most high-profile publishers and developers, on well-loved and award-winning franchises. Clients have included Lorne Lanning’s Oddworld Inhabitants (Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD & Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty), Bossa Studios (I Am Bread), Codemasters (Micro Machines World Series), Bithell Games (Volume & Volume: Coda), and Outright Games (Ice Age Scrat’s Nutty Adventure).
Based in North East UK and driven by a passion for creating unique and innovative video game experiences, Coatsink was founded in 2011 and has developed titles for PC, PlayStation, Nintendo, and Xbox platforms along with Oculus Quest, Rift, Gear VR, and Microsoft Mixed Reality.
The Oculus team at Facebook Reality Labs lets people defy distance—connecting with each other and the world—through world-class VR hardware and software. The Oculus content team pursues the creation of best-in-class games, narrative experiences, and new VR use-cases like fitness, productivity, and travel. Oculus joins other teams at FRL dedicated to cutting-edge research, computer vision, haptics, social interaction, and more. Facebook Reality Labs is committed to driving the state of the art forward through relentless innovation.