Canada, 6 July, 2021 – Mech Armada is heading to early access on August 10th!
Combining elements from multiple genres to create an ever-changing turn-based tactics game, Mech Armada is inspired by the likes of Darkest Dungeon and Slay the Spire, and gives players a heavy dose of deckbuilding (with robots, not cards), resource management, fast tactical tiled-based combat and perma-death.
Set against a campaign of skirmishes to defeat the Swarm, you’ll need to customize your mech loadouts, utilise terrain, and play to your strengths in procedurally generated encounters that continually increase in difficulty.
“There is an opportunity to combine the depth of tactics games with the replayability of deckbuilding roguelikes to create a new experience that players can enjoy over and over,” says Lioncode founder, Sergio Garces.
Releasing into Early Access on Steam on August 10, 2021 for $14.99, Mech Armada’s story sees you take on the Swarm, a strange race hellbent on destroying the world. It’s down to the player to utilise “replicator technology” – a way to quickly bring powerful mechs to life – to destroy the creatures and save humanity.
Mech Armada can be wishlisted now, and for more information head to the official website.
- Deep strategic combat: There are no perfect solutions. Create your own strategy by cleverly making the most out of your resources and the situation.
- Design your own mech: With 70+ available Mech parts, you can create thousands of unique combinations. Each part has its own strengths and weaknesses, giving you an enormous range of possibilities.
- Turn-Based combat: You can move into position and attack with each of your mechs, in any order. Then it’s the Swarm’s turn…
- Procedurally generated: All the gameplay elements (monsters, maps, resources and rewards) are randomly combined and balanced ensuring no two battles are the same.
- Roguelike campaign: Death means game over. Try again with an entirely new run, with new random parts and encounters. You’ll have to make do with what you get!
- Auto-save: Never worry about saving again. Leave your game at any point and return exactly where you left off.
- Environment variety: From the outskirts of destroyed cities, to desert wastelands, the Swarm spreads and the battle for survival rages on.
- Epic bosses: They’re massive, ugly and ridiculously tough. Are you up to the task?